Wednesday 29 June 2011

My friends rock.

So please forgive yet another rambling post about my birthday, but I just have to tell you about this present! But, first, a little background. Growing up, there was very little that the children in my family would agree on. This made watching movies at home very difficult for my parents, cause someone was always going to be unhappy. Also, car trips weren't much fun either, on account of the various tastes in what my parents refered to as 'noise'. 

But, alas! There was one thing that the entire clan could agree on! In fact, I think that growing up, it may have been the only thing we all agreed on. And loved. I mean, really, really loved. Whether it was her movies, or her music, my family loved Dolly Parton. I think 9 to 5 and Steel Magnolia's were two of the most quoted movies in my family. So, when I heard that she was going on tour again, and that the tour was going to be coming to Sydney, I nearly wet myself with excitement. No, seriously. I actually called JP at work just to gush like an excited middle school girl. Well, I gushed in a manner that I would assume a middle school girl would gush in, seeing as I never was one. I wanted to go. Badly. So badly, in fact, that I may or may not have mentioned it all the time for a while.

Turns out, two of my very good friends were paying attention. 


So, it is off to the Hunter Valley come this November for JP, myself and our friends C&J, to see Dolly. Live. In concert.

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!! 

And, we booked this cute little cabin, on a vineyard, to stay at for that weekend. This is going to be 10 shades of awesome.


Thank you so much, C&J. You guys are freakin amazing! 

Back to food soon, I promise!

xoxo Craig

No comments: