Monday 13 June 2011

Kids eat the darnedest things. Adults do too, actually.

Hi everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!) God I love The Simpsons.

Anyways, when I was a kid, I would pretty much eat anything my mom put in front of me, no matter what. Still am that way, actually. Gotta try it to see if you like it! As a result, one of my favorite sandwiches as a child was something that seriously disturbed most of my friends... liverwurst and pickle relish. I will happily admit that it was quite shocking looking, all brownish and mushy and strange. But, for whatever reason, I loved it! Luckily for you, my dear readers, this post isn't about that particular delicacy. It is about something similarly odd though.

I have the most vivd memory of coming into the kitchen one day in middle school. My oldest sister K was in there making an afternoon snack. Mmm, peanut butter sandwich, I thought. Ooo, with honey! And... banana? Wait, what?


Well, let me tell you. There are so many reasons to love this. The peanut butter is creamy goodness. The banana adds a wonderful buttery texture. And the honey. Oh man, the honey. It is sweet, and sticky, and just, well, delicious. You should totally make this. It is a great substitute for the tired and true PB&J. Here, I'll show you what I mean:


Look at all that creamy goodness. Really, don't be shy with it; just really pile it on there. The more, the merrier, I say!


Always make sure to use up all available bread space!


Drench..err... I mean drizzle on the honey!


If, like me, you really like honey, go ahead and drench it. It's totally worth it.


Try it. I promise that it is totally awesome. And you will enjoy it. Then, when you are throughly enjoying this wonderfully sticky deliciousness, take a moment and thank K for introducing me to this lovely little sandwich, so that I could share it with you!

xoxo Craig

3 comments:

kcm said...

haha, you're welcome, craigypoo!

Craig said...

Ha thanks! Best sandwich idea ever! or at least the most long lived...

kcm said...

craigy, i keep looking for you on the interwebs but you are radio silent. where are you? happy birthday baby brother!!!