Monday 23 May 2011

Hello, Internets!

It all started out innocently enough.  I swear.  I just wanted to be able to cook more than boxed pasta and pre-made sauce for dinner.  It became very apparent that it was going to be me that had to take the lead in cooking;  you see, my partner... well, he work a lot, and also... well, this is the huge thing.  He is deadly in the kitchen.  I mean totally dangerous with a knife.  I'm amazed he has all his fingers, really.


So, me it was.  This is me:



Hello, Internets!

So, what started out as just a simple necessity of trying to feed my partner and myself, has become... well... a total obsession.  I love food.  Perhaps adore is the better sentiment.  Yes, I adore food.  I am always thinking about my next meal, even while I am eating.  I record cooking shows, so that I can watch them while my partner is at work (he, it seems, is not as enthralled with food as I am).  Even though it is just the two of us, I cook almost every night.  I can spend HOURS in a good grocery store, just wandering around and drooling over the produce (seriously, ask my sisters who live near the Whole Foods headquarters.  They laugh at me... all three of them).  Food has become my obsession, in a very serious way.

But, here is the thing.  I have no real training.  I am not a chef.  I am just a guy, who, through many misadventures, has learned how to cook great meals.  And I love it.  Hopefully, I will be able to transfer some of that love to you.  Or at least some great recipes.  Cause, who can't use another way to cook chicken, I mean, really.

10 comments:

~jp said...

If it weren't for your cooking, by now I'd have to take off my shoes to count to 10!
~jp

kcm said...

oooooh, the long-awaited blog! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!! wheeeeeeeee!!

EM said...

oh boy bros!! Sooo excited to get all the yummy recipies !!

Casey said...

This is going to be one delicious blog!!!

Taylor said...

Deliciously sexy

mel said...

looking forward to the next entry!! such a cute pic craig:)

Hansen said...

You've gotten my attention. Next post please! You know I could use some of your good recipes to surprise your sister with a good home cooked meal.

Hansen said...

Am I crazy or are you wearing a small boombox as one Mickey Mouse ear in that picture?

Craig said...

Thanks everyone! And Hansen, yes.. i love my boombox mickey mouse ears... oh wait, thats just mounted in the wall behind me...

skatemom62 said...

I am absolutely loving this Craig!!!!